Students are hired by an employer, either through the Co-op Interview Week or as a direct hire. Below are the steps newly hired students need to follow.
1. Job Status Form
- After you have accepted a job offer, you need to submit the Job Status Form as soon as possible.
2. Check the COVID Policies page for any additional pandemic related steps. Depending on the policies at the time, you may need to submit a remote work exemption with the Provost's office.
2. Register for the Required Coursework
- Review the Required Coursework webpage right away.
- Read over the Registration Details and start the registration process before your work semester begins.
3. International Students
International students, be sure to read the section on the required CPT authorization you need. You will not be able to begin employment until the CPT authorization is in hand. It is crucial to allow sufficient time for completing this process!
Health Insurance Policy
To participate in the Co-op Program, you must be either on the U's student health benefit plan or be insured privately. Read more at the Co-op's Health Insurance Guide.
Avoid Acting Prematurely
- DO NOT drop any classes, purchase a car, sign a lease, or conduct any other major action related to the job until you have received and accepted the job offer. Occasionally a match does not work out or has to be declined for some reason.